TAKE A SCREENSHOT ON WINDOWS DESKTOP OR LAPTOP
We will show you the most popular way to take a screenshot on computers or laptops. This method allows you to select a specific area of your screen, or your entire screen. You will then be able to save the image with a specific file name you prefer and be able to find the screenshot picture in your computer files. This method is available on computers that have been updated with Windows 10 May 2019. The program is called Snip & Sketch.
SCREENSHOT OF A SPECIFIC AREA
- Open the program by clicking your start button and tying “Snip & Sketch”. You can also summon the program by pressing “Shift + Windows + S”. This means pressing the “Shift” button, the “Windows” button that has the four windows icon, and pressing the letter “S” button.
- If you search Snip & Sketch, click it and a little window will pop up. Click the “New” buton
- A little + icon shows to replace your mouse cursor. Hover it above the exterior corner of the are you want to take a screenshot of, click and hold it down, drag it to cover the whole area you desire, then let go of your mouse button to automatically take the screenshot.
- Click “File” in the Snip Tool window, click “Save As”, name the screenshot, and click Save.
- The screenshot picture will be saved to your computer in the pictures file.